Frequently Asked Questions

In brief summary, what is magnet therapy?

Magnet therapy is the application of specially-designed magnets to your body for various reasons, such as relieving pain, improving sleep, and even reversing some degenerative diseases. This scientific health practice has evolved from electrical stimulation methods, such as electroconvulsive treatment (ECT), energy reflexology methods, such as acupuncture, as well as medical magnetic instruments, such as the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Correct magnet therapy involves the adequately-prolonged use of pure negative magnetic fields from static field, permanent magnets of sufficient gauss strength. You wear these bio-magnets locally over injured bodily areas, such as arthritic joints or broken bones, or you can expose your entire body by sleeping on a magnet bed pad. All of this negative magnetic field exposure counteracts many acute and chronic health problems, mainly because your body responds to these magnetic stimuli with an anti-stressful, healing mode characterized by enhanced biophysics and biochemistry.

How quickly should I expect results?

The human body is incredibly complex - and each one slightly different from the next in terms of metabolism, likes and dislikes, reactions to food or medications, and so on. It only stands to reason that each human body will react differently to magnetic therapy. Some people experience immediate results, for some it may take days or weeks of consistent use. Clinical studies report between 75-85% of patients experience relief using magnetic therapy, and among our customers it's more like 90% who report good results. Do not be discouraged if the first attempt proves unsuccessful. Notify your doctor, so he/she may experiment with different placement or magnet strengths.

Is Bio-Magnetic Therapy safe?

According to published clinical studies, Bio-Magnetic Therapy has no known side effects, making it a safe alternative to pain relievers. This being said, there are certain individuals that should not use Bio-Magnetic Therapy products.

Are Bio-Magnets safe for children?

Permanent magnets are safe according to all respected scientific standards. The World Health Organization considers them non-hazardous risks and they are generally recognized as safe.

Who should not use Bio-Magnetic Therapy products?

Permanent magnets are safe according to all respected scientific standards. The World Health Organization considers them non-hazardous risks and they are generally recognized as safe.

  • People with implanted medical devices such as internal pacemakers/defibrillators or insulin pumps.
  • Those who are pregnant, or suspect that they may be, should cease all applications of Magnetic Therapy products.
  • Those who are undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy. However it is safe to use magnets before and after chemotherapy and radiotherapy and many patients find the it very beneficial for treating the side effects of many cancers.
  • Magnetic Therapy products should not placed on top of an open wound or a transdermal drug patch.

Are there any side effects to using magnets?

There are no known side effects to using magnets. They are totally safe, as they do not contain any chemicals or drugs. Some people report that they feel warm or hot for the first few days and this is because their circulation is improving. The feeling will settle after a few days.

Others have documented that they feel tingling and slight dizziness for the first few days of use and once again this is due to the increased blood circulation and it will also settle very quickly. Very rarely people have commented that they have developed a rash, or redness or that they have felt nauseous as soon as they have put their magnets on. There is absolutely no physiological reason for this to occur.

Can I overdose on magnetic therapy?

You cannot overdose on magnetic therapy. There is no maximum dosage of magnetic strength and you cannot wear too many magnets. An MRI scanner (magnetic resonance imaging scanner) uses magnetic fields to scan the body for disease and injuries; they are used in hospitals every single day without any harmful side-effects. An MRI scanner emits a magnetic strength which is significantly stronger than the magnetic strength of therapeutic magnetic devices.

There is no maximum time limit for using magnets. They can be worn permanently without any adverse effects. Many patients choose to wear their magnetic devices all the time without a break, even if they do not have any pain, because they do not want a reoccurrence of the symptoms once the magnets are removed.